Thursday, April 29, 2010

On The Star Part

Today I took a break from my lesson pieces and worked on the last third of Over the Rainbow, the part which the unfortunate concert pianist of my friend's joke couldn't remember, the part that sounds like an ambulance. I speak, of course, of the part which begins, "One day I'll wish upon a star..."

It isn't a very difficult phrase, except the left hand part is played at a different speed than the right hand, and this takes some practice. Also, this particular arrangement sends you ll over the keyboard very quickly. You have to travel across four octaves with rapid precision,and hit specific sequences of keys, without stopping to think about it.

So I ambled over to Amazon and ordered a MIDI cable so I can record my efforts onto my computer. You see, I really don't know what I sound like. It's not really possible to play and listen to yourself objectively. So I think this will help. Plus, I can post a link to it and have a record of my progress, which may help my morale.

No comments:

Post a Comment