Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ah, Relief

Doc prescribed some prednisone, which seems to be working on this asthma / la Grippe flareup and I'm back in the saddle practicing away. I've about mastered the three practice pieces for this week's assignment (barely in time for tomorrow's session) and they are fairly tough, having ascended to the G-major scale and using plenty of sharps and flats, not to mention just about every chord I've learned so far. My cat rolls on the floor, covering her ears with her paws, howling, but she's a drama queen. It's not that bad.

Still far from 100% though. I have to take frequent rest breaks and if it weren't for powerful Louisiana coffee from CC's I'd probably sleep most of the time. Come to think of it, this isn't very different from my 100%.

Today at 2 PM Great Performances at the Met will air Turandot, the Franco Zifferelli production, which is magnificent. My son and I saw it together on one of my trips to Tennessee and other than the usually spotty transmissio problems the theater seems to be plagues with, it was splendid. I caught the re-broadcast here in Bloomington and it was flawless. Apparently, the Tennessee Regal theater which hosts the Met broadcast always blames sunspots and other natural anomalies but the broadcasts here in Indiana are almost always without interference. Apparently, the laws of nature are optional here. Well, it was only recently that Central Indiana finally agreed to Daylight Savings Time. I suppose we have a compromise: Tennessee agreed to allow the sunpsots, we agreed to allow Evolution. Seems fair to me.

I have a lot of shows this month so I don't know how often I'll post, but will try to keep up with both piano and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment