Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ah, Practice

Today is Saturday, and as I have no pressing business of any kind, and while I always devote two one-hour blocks of time a day for practice (unless I'm out of town on shows, and a periodic break is good anyway) today I've been doing nothing but devoting all my time and attention to my piano.

I'm not so foolish as to practice the same thing all day though; I would go crazy. I'm working on different things. I've practiced the three practice pieces from Alfred for the week, looked ahead at the next lessons, and worked on my target piece a little, but have also been practicing on refining my fingering techniques and dynamics.

I also dug out my old note-and-interval recognition software and drilled myself on these basic skills.

More fun than a barrel of greased cats.

I stopped counting, but decided to take a look and noticed we are on page 105 0f 143 in the lesson book of Volume One. Now the material is becoming more and more difficult, and we're finishing up with the key of C Major and moving to G Major (which we've actually been toying with for a while now) D Major, F Major and A minor.

No comments:

Post a Comment