Thursday, November 11, 2010

Progress Report II

After the first lesson with New Teacher my spirits have lifted. We made a plan. We decided on three pieces on which to concentrate and narrowed our focus on learning the first phrases of Cristofori and The Entertainer. The third piece, Bumble Boogie, is lurking in the background. I also want to sneak Over the Rainbow in there, as I have it practically learned already. She also gave me tips on fingering and technique which helped me with tough parts of the pieces.

We concentrated on my weaknesses and how to strengthen them, something I've been concerned about for a while.

So what of Alfred? He' lurking in the background too. We're not depending on him any longer apparently, as she says we can develop all the techniques I need to learn from the pieces we're working. She says we can consult Alfred now and then, but I get the feeling she's weaning me from my old friend. Ah well. I picked up the F Major scale, so I'm only one away--B Major--from completing the entire Major Scale.

I finish my first year at the end of January. I hope to have one or two pieces I can competently play by then. That would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment