Saturday, November 27, 2010

Breathing is Fun

SO I 've had this fairly serious cold which has plagued me for a couple of weeks or more, and I performed a show or two with it, with the aid of Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu tablets--which is very good, but you cna only buy so many of them per annum because if you buy too much of it the Feds think you're cooking up meth--and when this cold left me, it left behind a relic: exacerbated asthma. Which really sucks. To make matters worse, my doctor closed his office Wednesday for the Holiday, so I couldn't obtain either a consultation or a refill on my inhaler. So my breathing became worse and worse. Of course, all the stress of driving and performing didn't help. One of the problems living in Bloomington is it's hard to find good medical help when you need it. Or any other time, for that matter.

Today I went to the walk-in clinic and received a breathing treatment and a prescription for various meds including predispose. Hooray-- I immediately felt better. I could breathe again.

The point of all this whinging is I kept up with my piano practice with dogged diligence, even though I felt like CRAP. But alas, my concentration was also CRAP. But some of it stuck. Now that I'm feeling better, I'm actually getting a handle on THE ENTERTAINER, and the new fingering for CRISTOFORI is working quite nicely.

I have shows December 4th and 5thth, so I'll be hitting the road again. Hopefully I'll be 100% by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment