Friday, March 26, 2010

Random Jottings

I think my cold is getting better, though a tickly cough woke me up a 4 AM this morning, so I got up until it passed. I found myself perusing the internet, and my son sent me a video of two Texans fighting in a Whattaburger restaurant. I've found myself fascinated lately with videos of people fighting in public. Usually these aren't true fights but clumsy wrasslin. I occasionally found myself involved in public fracases in my youth. Fortunately these weren't very heated and didn't lead to any severe injury on anyone's part, although I did punch someone in the neck once for pulling a knife on me. I figured the punishment fit the crime, as the Mikado said. I can say one thing with utter sincerely: thank God there weren't cell phone video cameras and You Tube when I was young. I would have been ruined.

I've spent some quality time working on my piano in between business matters. My Hanon is smoothing out; my Brahms Lullaby is becoming positively soporific. I'm almost ready to move onto the next piece. Think I'll do so tonight after I finish some work-related projects.

Here is a very interesting video on how a piano key works.

No comments:

Post a Comment