Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Is a Workhorse

In between my professional duties, I am making progress refining the 'D' Section of my personal Aegean task, The Entertainer. For the past few days I've been ironing out pauses between the various phrases--I call these fragmentations--in order to make that lovely up-and-down movement do just that: flow up and down like water (or Ale, I suppose, considering the time and place the composition was conceived) . I've made considerable progress. And predictably took a couple of steps back on the first sections. This happens to me. Perhaps it happens to everyone. It seems when I upset the dynamic of a piece it takes a little while to re-establish the equilibrium. But the end result is a more solid construction.

According to the meter at the allergy clinic, mold spore and weed pollen is very high, so I feel tired and feverish, the curse of the allergy-prone. But the good news is I feel a thousand times better than I did this time last year, thanks to good meds and allergy inoculations. So that witch-doctory works after all.

In other news, good news too, my weight reduction efforts are paying off, I've dropped about twelve pounds.


No comments:

Post a Comment