Friday, October 22, 2010

I Love it When a Plan Comes Together


As Hannibal Smith would say, I love it when a plan comes together. I'm on page four (of nine) of the epic Christofori's Dream which I've been working on now for several days (with a few days taken off for shows) and it's coming together. Of course I'm not into the truly difficult parts, with octaves and sixths, but hey--Joplin has prepared me for those, and compared to The Entertainer, this should be a piece of cake. But nine pages of memorization will take some time. I've divided this rather large, multi-phase piece into nine sections and am tackling them one at a time. The first four sections came together today, somewhat clunky and I make some errors unless I pay attention, but nonetheless--the plan is coming together.

Take that, fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment