Wednesday, July 7, 2010

D Minor--Hoorah!

Hoorah because D-Minor is a very cool scale (both natural and Harmonic) and because it's the last section before I move on to Alfred, Year Two. The current pieces I'm scrutinizing are Scarborough Fair and Raisins and Almonds. D-Minor Scale has a B-flat in it, which gives it a melancholy sound. The Harmonic version has both B-flat and C-Sharp, which sounds exotic, like Egyptian music.

I would provide a sound file of the scale if I could find one. Alas, a fairly diligent search of the internet failed to yield results. I'm still experiencing difficulty capturing MIDI files from my keyboard to my computer or I would do it that way. I think I need a driver or some other piece of interpretive software to make it work. It's always something. I just installed Windows 7 so I should try again perhaps.

I seem to be coming out of the recent slump I've been experiencing since May or so. I hope this means I'll enter a hyper phase and will make rapid progress and be productive for a while. I have a lot to do and could use an energy boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment