Sunday, January 31, 2010

Milestone

I just realized after tomorrow's lesson, if we continue at the rather breakneck pace at which we've been going, we'll have worked just past thirty pages of my Alfred's Lesson Book Volume One. That's almost a third of the way through. If we continue at this pace, we'll finish it by the end of March!

I've become a collector of The Alfred series of supplementary material. I now have the Finger Aerobics book (which has a slew of exercises you play on the keyboard, not strengthening exercises for the hands as the title might lead you to imagine) and the Adult Sight-Reading Book. In anticipation of the following weeks, I've ordered a couple of the recommended songbooks, the Ear-Training Guide and the Theory and Tecnic training books. The good news is you can get these jewels used on Amazon extraordinarily cheap.

My cat loves it when I play. She stretches sensuously and rolls around like a femme fatale. I think in a past life she was a hot Nightclub singer at the Cotton Club. I think she wants me to obtain a jet-black grand piano for her to lounge on seductively, sip cocktails and wink at high-rollers.

Not everyone is so supportive. I've been informed my practice sessions are so discordant they've caused the neighbor's hamster to devour her own young. Ah alas--everyone's a critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment