Thursday, May 19, 2011

Busy, But Still Practicing

May is usually a crazy month for me, with performing demand at its peak--Post-Proms, mostly--and I've mostly recovered, it seems, from the bronchial woes of six months ago. Although I'm not at 100 percent yet. I am working out three to four days a week and feeling quite ambitious again, and making plans to launch a grand scheme I'm think of as THE PROJECT: a multi-armed assault of my presentational skills onto several venues at once.

Throughout this craziness I have been practicing my chops with Joplin (the B Section is coming together nicely) and Ol' Cristofori is sounding pretty good. Teacher and I decided to cut my lessons back to two this month due to my hectic schedule. I'm also trying to select the third piece to tackle, which we will do in June. I'm trying to decide between Clair de Lune or Bumble Boogie. I think it's going to be Clair de Lune. Clare de Lune will give me practice playing in a new key (from my cursory examination of the sheet music, it appears to be F Major, but then seems to change keys later on, but I'll have to consult with Teacher).

No comments:

Post a Comment