Friday, February 11, 2011

Oh Blah BlahBlah...

Anyone who actually reads this daggone rambling blog is probably tired of hearing about Joplin,and wishes I would learn the damned thing already, but come on--it's a hard piece. But I am making incremental progress, and I can actually play the entire first verse completely through at this point--though it's clunky--and have begun on the second verse. Where I intend to stop for a while and pick up the third verse sometime at the end of this year.

As for Christofori's Dream, well, I've just about licked the hurdles I faced in the first half and have gnawed my way well into the second half. As I see it, there are two small points in the second half which will require a few day's diligent practice to master, and I'll have it, the rest is just routine memory and practice work.

After I put these two masterworks into the practice-and perform pile, I'll move onto my next practice piece which will either be Bumble Boogie or something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment